Courtney’s is one of Killarney’s oldest and most popular pubs. It has been operating as a public house since the later 1800’s and remains in the ownership of the Courtney family since that time.The classic and much photographed frontage is now protected whilst the bare wood interior retains the old world atmosphere of the traditional “Teach Tairbhne”. Located on Plunkett Street in the heart of Killarney, the bar is deceptively big stretching all the way to the Ross laneway and is at the back of St. Mary’s Church of Ireland.
The pub is basically a television and food free zone though there are occasional exceptions for big games and parties. Beer and music are our principal passions but whiskey and stimulating conversation are high on the agenda also. In winter, the open fire and stoves, the wonderful aromas of turf, coffee and mulled wine are the main attractions.
This page was designed by Web Design Wexford
Courtney's Bar,24 Plunkett Street,Killarney, Ireland